Proper care and treatment of your leather garment increases the life of it and allows you to continue enjoying the style and benefits of having a leather jacket that’s as good as new.
Here are a few simple steps to help you clean your leather garment.
- Remove any dust or dirt by using a soft brush and gently brushing to the garment.
- Clean the garment using a cleaning solution of water (preferably distilled water) and neutral soap (without any chemicals). Moisten a microfiber cloth or sponge with the solution and gently wipe down, from top to bottom, the outside of the garment.
- Dampen another cloth with just the water and wipe the garment again to remove the soap.
- Wipe off any excess water to ensure no water marks are left on the garment and quickly dry with a clean towel.
- Hang the garment to let it dry naturally. Never use an air dryer and keep the garment away from direct sunlight and heat sources.
P.S. For deep cleaning, it is always recommended to go to a cleaner that specializes in leather.
Please sign in to leave a comment.